Putting tracks on

Forum for discussion relating to the M2/M3 and M16 US Half Track
Dan Williams
Been liked: 2 times

Putting tracks on

Post by Dan Williams »

This can't be done by myself.I tried again for 3 hours with no luck.Sunday i'll ask a friend to help.I been putting
this off because it's so hard,to get them on.This is 1 model I wish I never brought!
Dan
PS I have the M2 half track, with the motion pack only.

Peter Silcock
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 31 times

Re: Putting tracks on

Post by Peter Silcock »

I must admit having the same problem and wasted several hours trying to get a new track on an already fully built model. The instructions mention considerable force but it was way beyond me! I finally worked a system which allows it to be a 5 minute job with a bit of practice. I clamp a large spanner to the rear crossmember allowing it to protrude past the idler wheel. Loop a strap round the idler wheel and over the spanner and insert a bar through the loop. Gradually rotate the bar like a tourneqet and this will draw the idler wheel back. This can be done with one hand whilst you guide the idler axle into the right position with the other. It literally is a few minute job once you get the idea. No doubt other owners found a easier way but that was the easiest way for me.

Leonard Rose

Re: Putting tracks on

Post by Leonard Rose »

Has anyone come up with an easier way to install the tracks? Thanks in advance for any advice.