Adrain's 88 Painted by Noel

Forum for discussion relating to the 88mm Flak36
Dale jordan
Been liked: 350 times

Adrain's 88 Painted by Noel

Post by Dale jordan »

Adrain Drove up from Sydney last night to pick up his 88 from Noel who has been painting and weather her for the last few months .Adrian has built this straight out of the box no mods and Noel has done his magic ..w We where both blown away as soon as we walk through the door and layed our eyes on it for the first time .... Dale

Kent Wiik

Post by Kent Wiik »

:shock:
That is 1:1 isn’t it?

Lucky you having Noel, wish I had a Noel as well as painting is a dark chapter for me...

/Kent

simon_manning
Been liked: 1574 times

Post by simon_manning »

noel is the man to let loose on the kingtiger when its ready dale,the 88 looks superb,they are a great kit,much overlooked. simon manning.

Tim Bowman
Been liked: 177 times

Post by Tim Bowman »

Incredible. :shock:

Where can I get one of these "Noels"?

In all seriousness....Love the choice of camo pattern and it goes without saying, the weathering is amazing. Will there be a half track with the same paint job? What a combo that would make.

Regards
Tim
"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad." – Erwin Rommel

Colin Richards
Has liked: 4 times

Post by Colin Richards »

Excellent paintwork, the result is stunning, compliments to Noel.

regards
Colin

Brian Leach
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Brian Leach »

WOW he really gets it. Wonderful job. If it were not for the floor it would seem the real thing.

Does Noel do the 1/6 vehicles regularly? His eye is good.

Really good job and thanks for sharing!

Brian

Dale jordan

Post by Dale jordan »

Hi Brian ... Noel has been at the top of the 1/35 armor game for over 40 years . I have seen his collection of finished models .. Noels models are among the best in the world ... Plus he knows everything about there history of each one ....Noel has painted my Early tiger and Sherman ,later he will do my king tiger and PZIII Adrians 88 also Adrain is having his Tiger , Panther , King tiger done . Tim is having his late tiger done . And I think David Mc Connell was having his Mid tiger done as well .. Us Aussie are very lucky to have him ...Dale

Brian Leach
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Brian Leach »

Dale,

I remember your T1, nice job.

Noel is a first class job. I don't want to get off topic, but does he have photos on the web?

I intend to paint my own, but I am going to have to practice to get even close to this stuff!

Good job!

Thanks Dale,

Brian

Rick Jensen
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Rick Jensen »

HOW GOOD IS THAT. Noel is the undisputed king of the air brush "down under". Keep your eyes open for the the next edition of ModelArt Magazine, I did part 3 due out on December 22 which features the Armortek electronics, motion pack and sound features plus an article on how Noel prepares, paints and weathers his models. Not to be missed!!!

Adrian, this 88 is so good. I think on the dining table is where it should go, no more arguments!

Rick Jensen

Robert E Morey
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 701 times

Post by Robert E Morey »

Wow that is really cool! I've said it once, I'll say it again - amazing what a great paint job will do for a stock "out-of-the-box" model. That is incredible. That baby looks mean and nasty from any angle. Same credit has to go to Armortek for a great model.

Dale, I will be shipping all my models to you to build and detail, and for Noel to paint as well. Just letting you know in advance. :lol:
Bob

Dale jordan

Post by Dale jordan »

Good idea Bob ... Maybe the armortek owners in the U.S put in a few dollars together and fly him over and put him up for a few months .... then he can go to the U.K ......just kidding !!!! ..Dale

Chang
Has liked: 14900 times
Been liked: 370 times

Post by Chang »

Hi Dale,
Just like you and Adrian (maybe some others), I was blown away too when seeing this incredible painted 88 by Noel---even it's not firing yet!!! :shock:
Cheers,
Lerh Chang