Futaba 7C with Panzer 111

Forum for discussion relating to the Panzer III/StuG III
phil fitzpatrick
Been liked: 223 times

Post by phil fitzpatrick »

Just had delivery of my motion and option packs and I am using the
Futaba 7C
The Armortek manuals say that the amplifier module needs to be connected to channel 6 and this to be asigned to the 3 position switch.
The Futaba manual seems to say,unless I have missed something,that
channels 5 and 7 can only be asigned.
Can any one help a first timer with some instructions on how it can be done.
Thanks in advance
Phil

Mick Regan
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Mick Regan »

Hi Phil

The sound module needs to be connected to channel 6 as this is a proportional channel. Channels 5 and 7 are simply switched, and will not operate the sound board.

For an easy upgrade to controlling the sound, have a look at http://www.armortek.co.uk/Forum3b/viewt ... f=2&t=1716 for fitting Thomas Benedini's excellent encoder. This can be done easily by anyone with the most basic of soldering skills.

Hope this helps.

Mick
Last edited by Mick Regan on Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have personally given up hope that politicians who never experienced war first hand will ever realise that war is the worst of all possible alternatives.
Otto Carius. Commander 2nd Company sPzAbt. 502

phil fitzpatrick

futaba 7C mod

Hi Mick
Thanks for the quick reply and directions to your posting at the forum,
Its a great help and well detailed
Thanks
Phil

Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 3263 times

Post by Armortek »

Hi gents

The new Futaba 7C sets on 2.4ghz do in fact have 7 fully proportional channels available. Any channel can be allocated to any switch , stick movement or knob. Mick is correct that the sound system control needs to be on a proportional channel. For some reason it is much easier to allocate channels 5 and 7 than it is to use channel 6. So, simply allocate channel 5 to the three position switch and use channel five as your sound control. This leaves channels six and seven as spares.

Regards
Mark
Armortek

phil fitzpatrick

Thanks mark
Friday night I only had one option,put it on my spectrum 7 along with my helicopters,asigning aux 2 to the switch
Now thanks to you and mike ive got three options,so I will stick with the
futaba 7c and use chanel 5 as you say to see how I get on.
Thanks for the help
Phil

Nick Farrugia

futaba 7c

Post by Nick Farrugia »

hi phil
i have got the same problem with my futaba hand set did you manage to sort it out.if you have could you let me in on it before my head explodes
i carnt for the life of me get it to work.
i need help

nick

phil fitzpatrick

Futaba 7c

Hi Nick
Yes I followed marks advice in the end and and it worked fine although you dont have any spare channels left as far as I can see, because you cant use channel 6 and channel 7 has the power supply lead into it.
But I dont need any spare channels at the moment so no problem
I followed the Futaba manual for the model name and set it up for Heli H1 and after that on going to the switch asignments I found that my three position switch was already asigned to channel 5 so I didnt have to do any thing.
But if you have to alter it just alter the channel number
I think my channel 7 was asigned to switch B.
all the sounds worked ok with the three position switch.
I set up every thing on a table as the manual without the amplifier and every thing ran ok just a couple of channel reverses.
Then I followed the manual for attatching the amplifier with the few cables to switch arround
But what I did find was when first programming the amp was that the manual said after hearing three clicks press the program button and release imeadiatley,but you have to be ready for the three clicks and press as soon as you hear it but I discovered that I needed to hold the program button on for a little longer and then it runs through all the sounds and then goes to the two clicks and you switch off.
If I released the program button too quick it didnt run through the sounds.
Hope this helps you out a bit.
Good luck with it
Phil

Nick Farrugia

futaba 7c success

Post by Nick Farrugia »

hello phil
thanks for the info it works ,did what you said and would you believe, it works .thanks again .
from a very happy man
best wishes
nick