Provides official comments and advice from the Armortek design team
Andy Thompson
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Transmitter Systems

Post by Andy Thompson »

Dennis Jones wrote:
> FlySky do several.
Are they compatible with armortek modules?

Gian Marco Menozzi
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 323 times

Post by Gian Marco Menozzi »

hi,
I use and another person in my group uses the Flysky Pl18 EV,
it works great and has no problems,
Ciao
Marco

Jerry Carducci
Location: The People's Paradise of California, the former Golden State
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1008 times

Post by Jerry Carducci »

I have Futaba, Flysky, Spektrum and FrSky systems. I have found that FrSky's X20 series systems give every possible control option
I have ever wanted or wished for. (No, I'm not a FrSky employee...). Their ETHOS OS that powers their system really is top notch
and only get better- once their PC application is given the ability to fully manage model profiles it will have everything. My only reason
for wanting a PC app (similar to what OpenTx/EdgeTx uses) is I'm clumsy with a touch screen and I like being able to have multiple
windows of data available to reference.

I'm presently using one of my X20 series systems to control two Armortek models- the King Tiger and M2 halftrack and the only reason
all of them aren't on it is pure laziness. I am using an older FrSky system to control my Sd. Kfz. 7.

Sometimes it is confusing to see FrSky and FlySky in close proximity but they are 2 separate brands.

I have had zero issues with FrSky so far and the two momentary switch buttons on the back of the transmitter are just perfect for sound selection.
alternatively with clever mixing one can 'divide' one of the pots into 12 'pieces' to index right into the sounds array and use a monetary button to select it. You can also use the assigned control to trigger a disply that gives a list of sounds/positions to choose from so you don't have to rely on memory.

Fleibility- 'priceless'!

Jerry