FrSky X9D+ 2019 trying to get running with Tiger 1 motion pack

All topics related to Armortek's Motion Option Pack
Donald Suttie
Has liked: 350 times
Been liked: 149 times

FrSky X9D+ 2019 trying to get running with Tiger 1 motion pack

Post by Donald Suttie »

Hello Folks
I originally had my Spektrum set up to test the Tiger motion pack but wiped the settings updating the firmware
i now find these instructions are just a broken link on the forum here now
i recently got hold of a FrSky X9 2009 version which differs from my original set and a lot of software changes,so this afternoon tried to get this running with very poor results
i was hoping to use the Spektrum instructions to sort of work the settings into the X9 but with no link to the original post,thats not an option
i have just used the basic motion control modules,no audio,smoke,recoil etc,and am getting nowhere fast
i have got 1 track running but originally running in the wrong direction,setting the reverse throttle on the Transmitter made no difference to direction of travel,so i tried to reverse the motor wires and its running correctly in the right direction,got something working correctly
so while i have the second motor plugged in i am getting nothing,i know its something to do with mixing the channels but the X9 links to previous posts on here are also broken
i am trying to do the single stick version but have no clue to how you do this,i see people posting using the simulator which just closes down when i try to open it
any help on a step by step how to get this running would be greatly appreciated,as i have spent hours so far and getting nowhere

thanks
Donald

Jerry Carducci
Location: The People's Paradise of California, the former Golden State
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 866 times

Re: FrSky X9D+ 2019 trying to get running with Tiger 1 motion pack

Post by Jerry Carducci »

When I did a search for X9D just moments for ago I received a list of references to previous threads. All the links seem to work.

Here was one representative link:

viewtopic.php?p=99732&hilit=FrSky+X9D#p99732

Jerry
http://tanks.linite.com/ - RC tanks: stay home, build a tank and save a life!

Donald Suttie

Post by Donald Suttie »

Hi Jerry
I am now totally confused about the whole setup,i am in the UK and have it set up on mode 2 ,its originally set up in the default configuration
I see here on this thread that some people are set up in mode 1 and 2 and a few different mentions of different channel order
What i dont want to do here is replicate Garrys problem,that will only complicate things further for me
Hence i have it started from a bare bones state
As i mentioned the Knowledge Database is broken regarding the Spektrum setup so i know that actually worked!
But as stated its now broken as is some older posts regarding setting up

Thanks
Donald

Jerry Carducci
Location: The People's Paradise of California, the former Golden State
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 866 times

Post by Jerry Carducci »

I'd like to try a search using the key words you try. I don't you say they don't work but I'd like to see the error message; morbid programmer curiosity I s'pose...!

I did a search on Spektrum and the returned links worked. Including this one regarding single stick programming:

viewtopic.php?p=92133&hilit=Spektrum#p92133

I did go directly to the knowledge base sub section and every link I clicked returned valid data.

Including this one on setting up a Dx6 with single stick control and 3 position switch.:

viewtopic.php?t=7917

Jerry
http://tanks.linite.com/ - RC tanks: stay home, build a tank and save a life!

Donald Suttie

Post by Donald Suttie »

Many Thanks for your help so far,these menu's were not working for me,but your direct links are

thanks

Donald

Gary Richardson
Has liked: 635 times
Been liked: 1438 times

Post by Gary Richardson »

Donald Suttie wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:29 pm
Hi Jerry
I am now totally confused about the whole setup,i am in the UK and have it set up on mode 2 ,its originally set up in the default configuration
I see here on this thread that some people are set up in mode 1 and 2 and a few different mentions of different channel order
What i dont want to do here is replicate Garrys problem,that will only complicate things further for me
Hence i have it started from a bare bones state
As i mentioned the Knowledge Database is broken regarding the Spektrum setup so i know that actually worked!
But as stated its now broken as is some older posts regarding setting up

Thanks
Donald
Hi Donald
I think my Tiger problem has been resolved, one simple thing I didn't realise was swapping over the two drive leads on the receiver would solve which direction the tracks contra rotated for the flat turn. Adrian added exponential which helped with normal turning. My main problem seems to be to do with one of the batteries. I suspect I ran it down too much last year and it is failing under load i.e. not providing enough current. This would explain why it wouldn't turn on grass or climb the ramp at the open day. I will change the batteries and let you know.
Regarding the Taranis, I don't think it matters if you use mode 1 or mode 2 or what order you set the channels up (mine is mode 2 TEAR) providing the inputs match. The important part is getting the inputs correct as the mixes and outputs will follow that selection.
Hope this helps.

Regards
Gary
2021 Late Tiger 1 Abteilung 301 (Funklenk), 2022 Churchill Mk3 AVRE, 2x Czech Hedgehogs, 2024 Bailey Bridge.

Donald Suttie

Post by Donald Suttie »

Hi Gary
Adrian has gave me settings to work with,i was running before walking so took a step back and am now running in Mode 2 with everything,also with Jerry posting the broken links i have also tried to work things from the Spektrum settings,as i actually had that working with everything
as i mentioned the Taranis has moved on quite a bit since it first came out and has been updated extensively since then too.
i have had to revisit the way i load and unload the tank from its hydraulic table,as this first attempt was bordering on dangerous with both radio control being programmed incorrectly and loading ramp being not fit for purpose.
i spent last night on the table and ramp and have a solution which i will post when finished
ill keep reading and watching here and You Tube regarding the Taranis

thanks for your help
Donald