New to Chieftain

Forum for discussion relating to the Chietain MBT
Steve Cope
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

New to Chieftain

Post by Steve Cope »

Hi All
Just to introduce myself, I am another Steve, Ex Army, REME, I am in the process of building the Panther G 1944, so was very excited to be able to travel from Wales to the Armotek open day, what a great day was had, meeting and speaking to a lot of fellow enthusiast, gaining a lot of knowledge and finding out the mistakes I had done thus far, hopefully I will be able to rectify.

To the reason of this post, I was able to put a deposit on a completed Prototype Chieftain, missing parts, but hopefully these will be able to be sourced in time, so in the near future I will hopefully be able to gain some build knowledge from this group.

On another note I met up with Mark, fantastic chieftain you have, hoping, when finished mine will be to your standared, sorry I did not get you surname, you said that you posted your complete build, could you please point me in the right direction to follow?

Hoping to communicate with you all in the future.

Steve

John Clarke
Been liked: 1614 times

Re: New to Chieftain

Post by John Clarke »

Welcome to Clan Chieftain Steve, I hope you enjoy your new project. There's loads of information on the general forum for the build and in the Chieftain section for all manner of detailing, partial and completed builds to let your imagination run riot for that final masterpiece.
Phil Woodard complete build is a fantastic reference and well worth read to get you up to speed.
I wondered if the two Chieftain's would find new homes after the open day.
Looking forward to your posts on the Forum. 8)
Oh Man, I only ride em I don't know what makes them work,
Definatley an Anti-Social type

Steve Cope
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Re: New to Chieftain

Post by Steve Cope »

Hi John

Thank you, I will check out Phil’s post, I have time to check a lot of the post as I have not got the tank yet

Steve