2A4 build update

Forum for discussion relating to the Leopard 2a4
Martin Donnison
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 55 times

2A4 build update

Post by Martin Donnison »

Get to the point where I had to stop building and get some paint on the leopard’s belly. At the moment it looks like a futuristic bug that has been immobilized.
Attachments
IMG_4073.jpeg

John Clarke
Been liked: 1657 times

Re: 2A4 build update

Post by John Clarke »

It's certainly moving on, I am surprised at the low angle of the suspension arms from the horizontal. Are they easily adjustable?
I love seeing the free movement of the road wheels when a tank is in motion, Leopard 2 road wheels are usually fully visible below the Bazooka plates giving that lovely flowing motion while on the move.
According to Armorteks advert, the model weighs only weighs in at 115Kg fully loaded, but I imagine even that may flatten out the arms a bit.
Just a thought.
This one sounds great and Tiger 131, Bonus. 8)
Oh Man, I only ride em I don't know what makes them work,
Definatley an Anti-Social type

Peter Quambusch
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 977 times

Post by Peter Quambusch »

HI John, Yup, the smooth movement of the road wheels looks great, but the best thing about watching Leo II drive by it the whining of the turbo chargers.... This sound is second to none!!! :D Cheers Peter
Lord, give me strength to change the things I am able to change.... and patience to endure the things I can not change :-) A bunch of Tiger and Panther variants, Leo II, Famo, 222s, a few 88`s and smaler ones like Hetzer, Stug III, 251, etc.

Martin Donnison

Hi John,
Yes the torsion bars are adjustable, I hope I have read the manual correctly and set them to the right angle.

I will double check later today.

Thanks Martin.

Chang
Has liked: 15415 times
Been liked: 403 times

Post by Chang »

Setting the suspension angle so road wheels are fully visible below the bazooka plates is a good idea.

So the hull's hull's ground clearance should be 1/6 of 500~550 mm (i.e , 83~91mm)
So the hull's hull's ground clearance should be 1/6 of 500~550 mm (i.e , 83~91mm)
Happy building mates.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.....

Martin Donnison

Just passing on my knowledge with my Leopard 2A4, been down to the Armortek open day and spoke to some very experienced tank builders. The tanks were amazing. Anyway getting back to building, the angle is 35 degrees. Then run a straight edge along the axels to align the very frond wheel rather than messing about with the angle.
Just done mine and fitted the wheels looks great.

Thanks Martin.